Saturday 10 November 2007

Is there a war on...?

Year 6 were evacuated from Southampton on Friday evening because of the bombing and they stayed in safety with the Oakwood family in Lordswood.

They made sure they had their gas masks and had a chance to talk to real veterans from World War II. During the evening, they also looked at some artefacts and clothing from the 1940s.

After going to bed, they were woken by the air raid siren and went down into the shelter, where they sung some songs to keep them cheerful.

And best of all, they learned how to dance!



We'll post some photos soon too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look like you had a brilliant time. I don't think I'd be able to jitterbug like that!

Anonymous said...

You look like you had a brilliant time. I don't think that I would be able to jitterbug like that!

Anonymous said...

Well done Luca and Rebecca!!!

Anonymous said...

it was so weird. Being in the war aleast I got to eat brownies =D