Monday 1 September 2008

Starting a new School...

Come on you lazy lot! When do you go back to school? Not until 4 September???

I know a lot of you will be starting a new school, and I have too! I said I thought I might stay in Australia for a while and I have - I've started at Glendore Public School. (It's winter here, so they are already at school - they don't get their summer holidays until Christmas!)

They are going to tell me all about what it's like to be in school in Australia and I promise to share it with you on the blog. I've already met Glenn, the school mascot...



...and he's shown me around. They've even given me a page on their website!

On Wednesday, I'm going to Canberra, which is the capital of Australia - so I'll let you know what it's like.

In the meantime, two of my rellies are coming to Oakwood to make sure you keep your classrooms tidy - watch out for them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say to all of you new year 6's that if you are scared about starting secondary school next year... don't be, it's great. Also can I mention that my cousin is moving to Canberra with his mum and stepdad.