Wednesday 25 February 2009

An Aussie School Bear...

Hi all,

Sorry it's been a while. I have been so busy at my new school.

The weekend before I started school I took part in some Australia Day celebrations. You can see me in the photo waving my Australian flag. I saw some fireworks which were great.



My new school is called Guardian Angels and is located in a suburb called Wynnum which is right on the coast. I can see the sea from my classroom window. This is great because we get a nice breeze off the water which helps cool me down as it feels very hot with my fur and new uniform. I was almost wishing for snow like you had in Southampton a couple of weeks ago!



School in Australia is quite different to Oakwood. To start with you have to wear a hat every day. This is because of the warm sunshine all year round. If you don't have your hat on they don't let you go out to play at break times. The rule says 'no hat, no play'! Lucky my hosts are used to this and remind me every day to put it on.

I have learned about the weather and we do lots of sport.

The school are so excited to have me visit and they have lots of exciting things planned for me to do over the coming weeks. Next month they are taking me to an Aboriginal Education Centre to learn all about the Aboriginal people and life in the bush. I can't wait to tell you all about it.

Until next time,

Oscar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are having a good time in Brisbane! Love your new uniform - I think you would be rather over-dressed in an Oakwood sweatshirt.