Tuesday 4 September 2012

Oscar Goes to Norway...

I had a great time during the summer!

As you can see, I was on a cruise which took me all the way from Southampton to the Norwegian fjords...

There are photos of me leaving Southampton for Norway on board the P&O ship Azura and you can see the Itchen Bridge in a background shot. The life jacket didn’t fit very well!

I attended the formal dining evening on board boat. You can see me with the cabin steward and then several senior crew members. The sunsets were amazing as we crossed the North Sea.

We dropped into Stavanger where the Queen Elizabeth was also in port.



As you can see, I have seen lakes, waterfalls, glaciers and snow. The snow was unusual, as by August there is only snow on the highest peaks, but as the weather has not been good this year snow was still much lower down and by the roadside in lots of places. We went down the steepest road in Norway with the most hairpin bends and through the longest road tunnel in the world – 27 kilometres! Finally we visited Bergen which is the shot of me looking down over the harbour having gone up the funicular* railway.

Returning across the North Sea, I checked out the Health Spa and the pools on the boat. Finally, I met Captain Paul Brown, Master of the Azura and tried the bridge simulator!

Zoom in and have a look around...



(*A small prize for anyone from OJS who can leave a comment to tell me what a funicular railway is...!)

No comments: