Wednesday 26 February 2014

Sam's Half Term Fun!

Well, I'm certainly making the most of my holiday time!

This half term, I was lucky enough to join Bronte and Amelia and their family on a lovely skiing trip in not just one, but three countries in Europe!

Here you will see me enjoying time on the boat from Dover to Dunkirk followed by soaking up the view from St. Michael's Bridge in Ghent, which is in Belgium. I also fitted in time to have a lovely waffle!



Next, I made friends with a street seller who sells 'cuberdon' sweets (or 'little noses'), I am on a boat trip along the Leie river and then I am visiting friends who work as volunteers at a printing factory in Selters, Germany. You will see the biggest printer in Europe. It prints 110,000 magazines an hour!



In the next photos, I spend more time with friends in the printing factory and I even took the time to have my teeth checked to maintain good dental hygiene! The house that I am sat in is in a different country - this time, I'm in the Czech Republic!



Then things got really adventurous - I tried my hand at skiing! I also got to grips with the local currency - 1000 Czech koruna is worth £30. I finished off my week with a visit to Karlovy Vary which is famous for its thermal waters which shoot out from underground! Some people drink the waters out of special cups for health benefits!



Thank you for letting me share your holiday with you Bronte and Amelia!

No comments: