Saturday 15 September 2007

Up, Up and Away!

Hello Everyone!

(Mrs Vaudin here...)

I thought you might like to see a few photos of my adventure today! The staff at Oakwood bought me my balloon flight for my "big" birthday last year and I've been waiting to do it since then.



It was very warm as they blew up the balloon. (It was also about 7 o'clock in the morning because they always do balloon flights in the early morning or the early evening.)



Once I had climbed into the basket, which was quite difficult, we lifted off ...



...and we were floating over Hampshire (somewhere near Alton).



The views were amazing - here you can see the shadow of the balloon!

I wonder if anyone can leave a comment to tell me the names of the two brothers who invented the hot air balloon? Without them, I wouldn't have had a fantastic adventure!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A AMAZING SIGHT IT MUST HAVE BEEN A LOVLY VEIW!!!

Anonymous said...

the view must of been lovely!! the people who invetted the hot air balloon were french and they were the montgolfier brothers.

Oakwood Junior School said...

You're right about the Montgolfier Brothers - they were French and they did invent the hot air balloon!

You didn't leave your name, though - so we don't know who you are...

Anonymous said...

The hot air balloon was invented by Joseph-Michel Montgolfier (1740–1810) and his brother Jacques-Étienne Montgolfier (1745–1799) who were French paper makers. I found this out from http://www.enotes.com/history-fact-finder/science-invention/who-invented-hot-air-balloon.