Sunday 21 December 2008

Oscar's Australian Christmas!

Hello!

After a two-day trip up from NSW I arrived in QLD yesterday.



It was a tiring trip, but I was warmly welcomed by my new hosts: The Robinson Family (ex OJS pupils!)

I was treated to a lovely Aussie BBQ and a rest under the Christmas tree looking at all the presents!!!



Today we had a trip to the Science Centre at the Brisbane Museum and then we went on the Wheel of Brisbane which is a smaller version of the London Eye, but very exciting! I could see panoramic views of the city!

The weather is much warmer up here than it was in NSW....my new hosts are trying to find me some board shorts to wear so I don't feel quite so hot in my tuxedo! I have my OJS school uniform too, but will save that for the end of January when I visit Guardian Angels School with Grace and Anna when their summer holidays end.

I'm so excited to be here.....my hosts have lots of exciting things planned for me over the next few weeks which I'm going to enjoy before I go to school.

Happy Christmas!

From Oscar and The Robinson Family

(PS Leave me a comment if you can tell me what NSW, QLD, OJS and BBQ all mean!)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

So pleased to see you have arrived safely in Brisbane! I think Grace and Anna will be very excited to have you to stay. Merry Christmas from the Worley family!

Anonymous said...

Hi Oscar, By the way you could have stayed with my family in Canberra. Also that NSW stands for New South Wales, QLD stands for Queensland, OJS stands for Oakwood Junior School and lastly that BBQ stands for barbeque!

Anonymous said...

One more thing, one day in Year 6, I doubt she remembers but Miss Beavill said that I could write a book about my life. At first I didn't but then in the holidays I started to write. It's called The Unbelievabley Boring Diary Of Zoey Schofield. It's not finished but but I've already spoke to 1200 people about it (My new school)and my mum might call the publishers . I can send you a bit of it if you like!