Sunday 1 July 2012

Governors go back to school

Governors visit school each term and sample a typical school day.  Mrs Short spent some time last week with Year 5. She writes:

Thank you to the group of Year 5 children who welcomed me into their reciprocal reading session, allowing me to be the "Clarifier". Reciprocal reading works like this - pupils work in groups and each pupil in the group has a copy of the same book which they read aloud in turns.



One of the group is "Questioner", another "Predictor", one "Summariser", another "Clarifier", all under the guidance of "Big Boss". The children in my group all said how much they enjoy reading like this and how it helps them understand the book.

I hope I will be able to join another group the next time I'm in school. In the meantime, keep enjoying your reading.'

No comments: