Tuesday 11 November 2014

Poppy Day at Oakwood

All children at Oakwood respected the Two Minutes' Silence at 11am today and, as usual, Year 3 attended the Armistice Ceremony at Hollybrook Cemetery.

Mrs Sansome says:

"How proud I am of Year 3.
So respectful, knowledgeable and a credit to themselves today at Hollybrook.
Well Done....."



One of our governors, who also went on the visit, says:

"Wow, what a lovely morning I had with such well behaved, knowledgeable children today.

I really enjoyed coming with you all to the remembrance service at the cemetery. The children walked quickly and sensibly in the cold and rain all the way and did not complain about it. When they were asked questions in the service they answered sensibly and were interested in what was being said. They waited patiently while the soldier played the last post and then placed their poppy crosses at the graves and were astonished at the youth of some of the soldiers who had died.

As we came to leave, several of the old ladies who were there (even older than me!) commented on the good behaviour of the children, which is all credit to you all.

Thank you for inviting me. Please pass on my sincere thanks to all the children several of whom were kind enough to look after me all the way.

I hope I can help and join you on future visits or in school."



1 comment:

Elaine Vauidn said...

Thank you Year 3 for letting me come with you today. You were all so knowledgeable and well behaved. So pleased to have been with you.