Friday 3 March 2017

Mrs. Moody: The life of a PPA teacher

As you all know, I have taught at Oakwood for 17 years but do not have my own class. I currently cover the teachers' time out of class across the whole school.

This week, I had the unexpected pleasure of helping teach in Year 6 for four days. It has been such fun to work with such a lovely cohort: helping in their preparation for SATs as well as joining in their exciting science lessons learning about light - refraction, reflection, speed- and periscopes.

Despite having an A-Level in English language studies, I did have to ask for a mini reminder on appropriate use of semi-colons and commas -thanks Mr.Wills- but it meant I was able to inculcate the knowledge to the children. 

For English today, the class had 15 minutes to write a brief recount of their week with me. This was my favourite by Amber:

Dear Diary,

My week with Mrs. Moody was a blast of fun. Every day we did a Go Noodle to get us pumped up. We started to read Kensuke's Kingdom - which is our new English set novel - so far its quite good. While reading this, we all learnt a new word (inculcate) as well as what a porpoise is.

We had fun with Mrs Moody and learnt that we shouldn't marry someone who snores. She also read us a part of the book that she is writing about horses.

Mrs Moody is sad now as she has to leave us as well as mark this piece of work.

I was joking about the snoring issue by the way!

Thank you Year 6 😊


No comments: